The Core Team met this evening to consider our Sunday Worship and the following has been decided:
- There will be no congregation present in church: worship will be shared only over Zoom.
- Minimal participation will be expected: the Rector leading, the musician playing and (probably) the preacher. In order to be as aware as possible of others safety, we will also permit the lesson readers and intercessor, if they wish to take part in church.
- Zoom will be managed by Jane and Martin from home. We shall use iPads to broadcast audio and video directly to Zoom from church.
- There will be no singing accompaniment: it will be the keyboard player alone.
- Service Warden can attend if they wish, to respond to any visitors who may arrive. Sidespeople are not required.
I regret that we have to take these measures in the light of the increasing national and local infection rates.
If you are able, please assist those who cannot access zoom over the internet by reminding them of the telephone number, room ID and passcode to access the service with audio only:
0203 901 7895;
0131 460 1196;
0203 051 2874;
0203 481 5237;
0203 481 5240
Meeting ID: 490 568 9876; Passcode: 509460
We will continually review the situation as it develops over the next weeks.
If this causes you any stress or anxiety, please do not hesitate to ring me or the Wardens.
With my prayers at this increasingly difficult time,
Rev’d Paul N Boddam-Whetham